Latest Event Schedule
The Fukuoka Prize 2017 Award ceremony
- Thursday, September 21, 2017 (18:30-20:00)(Open/17:30)
- ACROS Fukuoka Fukuoka Symphony Hall/1F
Click to get more details about the latest event schedule, such as Award Ceremony, Public Lectures.
Public Lecture by Pasuk PHONGPAICHIT & Chris BAKER
- Of Love and Loss: Three Thai Literary Classics and their Human Messages Today
- Sunday, September 24, 2017 (11:00-13:00)
- Main Hall, ELGALA HALL 8F
Public lecture was held at Main Hall, ELGALA HALL by inviting Prof. Pasuk PHONGPAICHIT & Dr. Chris BAKER, laureates of the Grand Prize.
Public Lecture by WANG Ming
Research and Possibility of the Cooperation between China and Japan in Environmental
Issues: Today and the Future of Civil Society
- Saturday, September 23, 2017 (13:00-14:30)
- Main Hall, ELGALA HALL 8F
Public lecture was held at Main Hall, ELGALA HALL by inviting Prof. WANG Ming, laureate of the Academic Prize.
Public Lecture by KONG Nay
- Cambodia’s Soul toward the Future: The World of Kong Nay’s Chapey Music
- Saturday, September 23, 2017 (16:00-17:30)
- IMS Hall,IMS 9F
Public lecture was held at IMS Hall by inviting Master. KONG Nay, laureate of the Art and Culture Prize.
Latest Event Reports
Award Ceremony and related commemorative events including the public lectures are held every September.
- Award Ceremony
- The Ceremony was held with the attendance of Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Akishino and Fukuoka residents.
- Public Lectures
- Laureates introduced their ideas and thoughts on their specialized fields in their lectures, talks with panelists, and performances.
- School Visits
- Laureates visited junior and senior high schools in Fukuoka City and had valuable interactions with the students.
- Other Events
- Laureates shared their thoughts and views with local experts in their fields.
FAQs about Events
- Are the parking lots available for visitors to attend the award ceremony?
Parking lots at the venue are unavailable when the award ceremony is held. There are several metered parking spaces around the venue, and visitors are encouraged to use public transportation.
- I sent an application form, but I haven't received any reply from the committee yet.
When submitting your application, an automatic application confirmation message will be immediately sent to you from the Fukuoka Prize Committee. If you didn’t receive any reply message, there may be a few reasons;
- Check your spam folder to see if your e-mail program or e-mail provider is filtering out our e-mails
- Incorrect mail address or spam-blocking function of mobile phones (which restricts incoming e-mails only from designated domains or e-mail addresses) might have caused the error
In most cases, the applications are successfully made even if the applicants don’t receive the confirmation mails. Please call the toll-free phone number before you try to complete the application again.
- I applied for the award ceremony, but I have not yet received the entry ticket(s).
The entrance ticket(s) for the event will be mailed to the address provided at the time of the application. In case you do not receive the ticket(s) one week prior to the event, please call the toll-free phone number (Japanese only).