Event Schedule 2001
The Fukuoka Prize 2001 Award ceremony
- September 13, 2001 (14:00 - 16:00)
- ACROS Fukuoka Symphony Hall
The prize Presentation Ceremony for the 12th Fukuoka Asian Culture Prizes 2001 began in a solemn atmosphere with a musical performance by the Fukuoka Salon Orchestra. Approximately 1,100 people, including representatives from the embassies of the laureates' countries, exchange students in Fukuoka, guests from international exchange organizations, members of business circles, universities, and local organizations as well as the citizens of Fukuoka, attended the ceremony.
Folowing a brief description of the history of the Fukuoka Asian Culture Prizes, the laureates' profiles and examples of their academic or artistic achievements were introduced on a video screen. Greetings from the organizing representative, speeches by the guests and the summary of the screening process were then made before the laureates were bestowed their prizes by the organizing committee representatives Each of the four laureates express their joys upon receiving the prizes in their acceptance speech and gave their views on Fukuoka City and its citizens.
A special artistic performance of Tsukushigoto, the origin of the contemporary koto, was given, providing an additional appeal to the ceremony.
Public Lecture by Muhammad YUNUS
- Micro - credit and Empowerment of Women
- September 15, 2001 (16:00 - 18:30)
- Fukuoka City Hall Auditorium
- Assistant Prof. Ito Sanae (Graduate School of International Development, Nagoya University)
- Mr. Uji Matsue (Secretary General Association for Shaking Hands with Bangladeshi)
- Prof. Oji Toshiaki (School of Human Cultures, University of Shiga Prefecture)
Public Lecture by Prof. Muhammed Yunus was held in Fukuoka City Hall Auditorium on September 15, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with Speakers.
Public Lecture by HAYAMI Yujiro
- Market, State and Community in Economic Development
- September 14, 2001 (14:00 - 16:30)
- Fukuoka City Hall Auditorium
- Prof. Hara Yonosuke (Director, Institute of Oriental Culture, the University of Tokyo)
- Prof. Suehiro Akira (Institute of Social Science, the University of Tokyo)
Public Lecture by Prof. Hayami Yujiro was held in Fukuoka City Hall Auditorium on September 14, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by Thawan DUCHANEE
- Thawan Duchanee, Message of the Soul
- September 14, 2001 (17:30 - 19:10)
- Asia Gallery, Fukuoka Asian Art Museum
Public Lecture by Mr. Thawan Duchanee was held in Fukuoka Asian Art Museum on September 14, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his Artist talks.
Public Lecture by Marilou DIAZ-ABAYA
- What I want to tell - People an ther Society
- September 15, 2001 (13:00 - 15:00)
- IMS Hall
- Prof. Shimizu Hiromu (Graduate School of Social and Cultural Studies, Kyushu University)
- Mr. Sato Tadao (Film Critic)
Public Lecture by Ms. Marilou Diaz - Abaya was held in IMS Hall on September 15, and she introduced her idea and thought on her specialized field in her lecture, talks with Commentator.