Event Schedule 2002
The Fukuoka Prize 2002 Award ceremony
- September 19, 2002 (14:00 - 16:00)
- ACROS Fukuoka Symphony Hall
After being greeted by a nysucak performance by Fukuoka Seiryo High School Orchestra in the lobby of the Hall, the ceremony began with attendance by approximately 1,200 people including representatives from embassies of the laureates' countries, exchange students in Fukuoka,k international exchange organizations, business circles, universities, local organizations as well as the citizens of Fukuoka City.
Following an introduction of the laureates' profiles on a video screen, the laureates were presented with their prizes by representatives form the organizing committee. Also, speeches were made by guests, H. E. Mr. Nishimura Mutsuyoshi, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, adn Mr. Aso Wataru, Governor of Fukuoka Prefecture praising the laureates' contributions. Each of the laureates expressed thier joy upon receiving the prizes in their acceptance speeches and shared their view with the citizens of Fukuoka City.
A special artistic performance of Niko (erhu) by Ms. Chen Min added an extratouch to the ceremony.
Public Lecture by ZHANG Yimou
- Zhang Yimou Portrays Life and Hope of People
- September 20, 2002 (18:00 - 20:00)
- ACROS Fukuoka Event Hall
- Mr. Sato Tadao (Film Critic)
Public Lecture by Mr. Zhang Yimou was held in ACROS FUKUOKA on September 20, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talk.
Public Lecture by Kingsley Muthumuni DE SILVA
- The Passage from Cease - fire to Sustainable Peace
- September 22, 2002 (12:30 - 15:00)
- ACROS Fukuoka Event Hall
- Professor Imagawa Yukio (Faculty of Law, Kanto Gakuen University)
- Professor Nakamura Hisashi (Research Institute for Social Sciences, Ryukoku University)
Public Lecture by Prof. Kingsley Muthumuni De Silva was held in ACROS FUKUOKA on September 22, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by Anthony REID
- Patterns of Southeast Asian History
- September 20, 2002 (14:00 - 16:30)
- ACROS FUKUOKA Event Hall
- Prof. Ishii Yoneo (President, Kanda University of International Studies)
- Prof. Hamashita Takeshi (Center for Southeast Asian Studies at Kyoto University)
- Prof. Ishizawa Yoshiaki (Institute of Asian Cultures, Sophia University)
Public Lecture by Prof. Anthony Reid was held in ACROS FUKUOKA on September 20, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by Lat
- Lat Sketches Asia's Yesterday and Today
- September 22, 2002 (15:30 - 17:30)
- IMS Hall
- Mr. Sato Sampei (Cartoonist)
- Mr. Yasunaga Koichi (Director, Fukuoka Asian Art Museum)
Public Lecture by Mr. Lat was held in IMS Hall on September 22.