Event Schedule 2005
The Fukuoka Prize 2005 Award ceremony
- September 15, 2005 (14:00 - 16:20)
- Fukuoka International Congress Center, Main Hall
The Prize Presentation Ceremony for the 16th Fukuoka Asian Culture Prizes 2005 was held in a solemn atmosphere with the attendance of approximately 1,000 people, including Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Akishino, representatives from the embassies of the laureates’ countries, guests from international exchange organizations, business circles, universities, exchange students in Fukuoka, and local organizations as well as the citizens of Fukuoka City.
At the ceremony, brief introductions of the laureates’ achievements were made, after which the laureates appeared on stage in a big round of applause from the audience. Greetings from the organizing representative, an Imperial address delivered by His Imperial Highness Prince Akishino and the summary of the screening process were made before the laureates were bestowed their prizes by the organizing committee representatives. Each of the laureates expressed their joy upon receiving the prizes, their views on Asia and messages to the citizens of Fukuoka City. At the grand finale, students at Fukuoka International School presented the laureates with flower bouquets, inviting another generous applause from the floor.
A Korean singer-songwriter “Ryu” added an extra touch of beauty to the ceremony in his special musical performance.
Public Lecture by IＭ Dong-kwon
- Explore Cultural Linkage
- September 17, 2005 (16:00 - 18:00)
- ACROSS Fukuoka Event Hall
- Professor Sano Kenji (Graduate School of History and Folklore Studies, Kanagawa University)
- Assistant Professor Nagamatu Atsushi (Faculty of Humanities, Miyazaki Municipal University)
- Professor Matsubara Takatoshi (Research Center for Korean Studies, Graduate School of Social and Cultural Studies, Kyushu University)
- Professor Inaba Tsugio (Graduate School of Human-Environment Studies, Kyushu University)
Public Lecture by Prof. Im Dong - kwon was held in ACROS FUKUOKA on September 17, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by Thaw Kaung
- Preserve Palm-leaves in Digital Format
- September 17, 2005 (13:00 - 15:00)
- ACROS Fukuoka Event Hall
- Emeritus Professor Okudaira Ryuji (Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
- Professor Saito Teruko (Faculty of Foreign Studies, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
- Professor Ito Toshikatsu (Faculty of Letters, Aichi University)
- Professor Ishizawa Yoshiaki (President, Sophia University)
Public Lecture by Dr. Thaw Kaung was held in ACROS FUKUOKA on September 17, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by Douangdeuane BOUNYAVONG
- Infinite Design – Inherited Textiles
- September 18, 2005 (14:00 - 16:00)
- Fukuoka Art Museum, Auditorium
- Associate Professor Suzuki Reiko (Faculty of Foreign Studies, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies)
- Professor Nitta Eiji (Faculty of Law, Economics and the Humanities, Kagoshima University)
Public Lecture by /Ms. Bounyavong was held in Fukuoka Art Museum, Auditorium on September 18, and she introduced her idea and thought on her specialized field in her lecture, talks with panelists, and special performance.
Public Lecture by Tashi Norbu
- Singing Voice from Himalaya
- September 16, 2005 (18:30 - 20:30)
- IMS Hall
- Professor Fujii Tomoaki (Chubu Institute for Advanced Studies)
Public Lecture by Mr. Tashi Norbu was held in IMS Hall on September 16, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his special performance.