Event Schedule 2011
The Fukuoka Prize 2011 Award ceremony
- September 15, 2011 (18:20-20:00)
- Fukuoka International Congress Center
- Fumi Dan
Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Akishino attended the award ceremony, joining an audience of about 1,000 residents and representatives from different countries and cultural fields in celebrating the Prize.
In the first part of the event, the laureates were led to the stage by students from the Asian Cultural Studies Department of Chikushi Jogakuen University dressed in beautiful kimonos. After Fukuoka City Mayor Takashima Soichiro congratulated the laureates on behalf of the organizers, His Imperial Highness Prince Akishino spoke on the laureates and the prizes. His address was followed by the report on the selection process by Prof. Arikawa Setsuo, Chair of the Prize Jury and President of Kyushu University. Citations decorated with Hakata-ori weaving and medals designed after the official cotton rosemallow flower of the city were presented to the laureates by Mayor Takashima and Mr. Kamata Michisada, Chair of the Yokatopia Foundation.
The laureates gave their acceptance speeches, expressing their joy at the honor received and their thanks to the people of the city. Ms. Otsubo Kanako offered a congratulatory message on behalf of the residents of Fukuoka City, after which students from the Fukuoka International School presented the laureates with bouquets to thunderous applause.
In the second part of the event, actress Dan Fumi served as MC in a lively discussion with the laureates. The closing event was a performance of Khmer traditional music by four Cambodian musicians, congratulating the laureates.
Public Lecture by ANG Choulean
- Amorphous Gods of Japan Seen from Faraway Cambodia
- September 18, 2011 (13:30-16:00)
- Event Hall B2F,ACROS Fukuoka
- Prof. ISHIZAWA Yoshiaki (Sophia Asia Center for Research and Human Development)
Public Lecture by Prof.ANG Choulean was held in ACROS FUKUOKA in 18 September, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by CHO Dong-il
- East Asian Civilization Seen from Korean Literature
- September 17, 2011 (17:00-19:30)
- Event Hall B2F,ACROS Fukuoka
- Prof. INABA Tsugio (Faculty of Human-Environment Studies, Kyushu University)
- Prof. ITO Abito (Organization for Asian Studies, Waseda University)
- Mr. MATSUBARA Takatoshi (Director, Research Center for Korean Studies, Kyushu University)
Public Lecture by Prof. CHO Dong-il was held in ACROS FUKUOKA in 17 September, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by Niels GUTSCHOW
- Conservation – The Hidden Path for an Architect to be Creative
- September 17, 2011 (13:30-15:30)
- Event Hall (B2F), ACROS Fukuoka
- Prof. FUJIHARA Keiyo (Graduate School of Design, Kyushu University)
- Prof. INABA Nobuko (Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Tsukuba University)
- Prof. HATANO Jun (Faculty of Engineering, Dept. of Architecture, Nippon Institute of Technology)
Public Lecture by Prof. Gutschow was held in ACROS FUKUOKA in 17 September, and he introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.