Event Schedule 2012
The Fukuoka Prize 2012 Award ceremony
- Thursday, September 13
- Fukuoka International Congress Center
- Judy ONGG
The 23rd the Fukuoka Prize award ceremony was held in the presence of about 1,000 people in attendance in honor of the laureates, including Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Akishino, Fukuoka citizens, foreign guests and representatives from various fields.
After showing introductory pictures of previous 88 prize recipients since 1990 in which year the Fukuoka Prize was established, the first part of the award ceremony commenced and the four prize recipients were led up to the stage by kimono-clad students from the Asian Cultural Studies Department of Chikushi Jogakuen University.
After Fukuoka City Mayor Takashima Soichiro gave a speech and commented that this prize contributes to promoting international friendship and trust, His Imperial Highness Prince Akishino congratulated the laureates on their winning the prize. His address was followed by the report on the selection process by Prof. Akikawa Setsuo, Chair of the Fukuoka Prize Jury and President of Kyushu University.
After that Mayor Takashima and Mr.Kamata Michisada, Chair of the Yokatopia Foundation, presented the laureates award certificates decorated with exquisite Hakata-ori weaving and medals designed after cotton rose mallow, the official flower of the city. The laureates then gave their speeches, expressing their gratitude and joy in receiving the award and on behalf of the citizens of Fukuoka City, Ms. Harizuka Mizuki offered a congratulatory message, after which adorable children in ethnic costumes from Fukuoka International School presented the laureates and their companions with bouquets to thunderous applause.
Public Lecture by Vandana SHIVA
- Earth Democracy: Cultivating Cultures of Sustainability, Justice and Peace
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012 (13:30-16:00)
- Event Hall B2F, ACROS Fukuoka
- TAKENAKA Chiharu(Professor of Rikkyo University)
- NAKAMURA Hisashi(Research Fellow of Ryukyu University)
Public Lecture by Dr. Vandana SHIVA was held in ACROS FUKUOKA in 11 September, and she introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by Charnvit KASETSIRI
- Maritime Relations around International Capital Ayutthaya: From Ryukyu to Arabia
- Friday, September 14 (18:30-20:30)
- Event Hall B2F, ACROS Fukuoka
- NITTA Eiji (Professor of Faculty of Law, Economics and Humanities, Kagoshima University)
- OKAMOTO Hiromichi (Associate Professor of Faculty of Human Culture and Science, Prefectural University of Hiroshima)
- FUJITA Kayoko (Associate Professor of College of Asia Pacific Studies, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University)
Public Lecture by Dr. Charnvit KASETSIRI was held in ACROS FUKUOKA in 14 September, and she introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by Kidlat Tahimik
- Filming with Uchu: Dialogue with Kidlat Tahimik, Pioneer of Asian Independent Film
- Sunday, September 16 (13:30-18:30)
- Main Hall, Elgala
- ISHIZAKA Kenji (Professor of Japan Institute of the Moving Image Director of the Asian Section, Tokyo International Film Festival)
Public Lecture by Dr. Kidlat Tahimik was held in Elgala Hall in 16 September, and she introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.
Public Lecture by G.R.Ay. Koes Murtiyah Paku Buwono
- Javanese Court Dance and Gamelan Music: From Source of Tradition to the World
- Saturday, September 15 (13:30-15:30)
- ACROS FUKUOKA
- MC / Interviewer
- TAMURA Fumiko (Associate Professor of Chikushi Jogakuen University)
Public Lecture by Ms. G.R.Ay. Koes Murtiyah Paku Buwono was held in ACROS FUKUOKA in 15 September, and she introduced his idea and thought on his specialized field in his lecture, talks with panelists.