Event Schedule 2015
The Fukuoka Prize 2015 Award ceremony
- Thursday, September 17
- Fukuoka International Congress Center
The 26th Fukuoka Prize award ceremony was held in honor of the laureates in the presence of Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Akishino, Fukuoka citizens, foreign guests and representatives from various fields. The ceremony began with video introductions of the laureates.
The three laureates received tremendous applause as they walked through the audience seats up to the stage, demonstrating the warmth of their reception. Mr. TAKASHIMA Soichiro, Mayor of Fukuoka City, began by explaining that over one hundred people had already been honored with the Fukuoka Prize. He expressed his resolve to serve the Asian region as a center for international change through the “Asian Party”, including the Fukuoka Prize and other events, under the concept of “Create with Asia.”
His Imperial Highness Prince Akishino then congratulated the laureates on their winning the prize.His address was followed by the report on the selection process by Prof. KUBO Chiharu, Chair of the Fukuoka Prize Jury and President of Kyushu University. Mayor TAKASHIMA then presented award certificates and medals to the laureates. A university student offered a congratulatory message on behalf of the people of Fukuoka City, after which children from Fukuoka International School presented the laureates with bouquets, accompanied by thunderous applause.
Public Lecture by Thant Myint-U
- Where is Myanmar advancing toward in the 21st century?: Dialogue on the country's past, present, and future
- Saturday, September 19, 2015 (13:00-15:00)
- Main Hall, ELGARA HALL
- AKASHI Yasushi(Chairman, International House of Japan)
- TAKENAKA Chiharu(Professor, Rikkyo University)
Public lecture was held at ELGARA HALL by inviting Dr. Thant Myint-U, a laureate of the Grand Prize.
Public Lecture by Ramachandra GUHA
- Gandhi, India and the World
- Saturday, September 19, 2015 (16:30-18:30)
- Main Hall, ELGARA HALL
- TANABE Akio(Professor, Kyoto University)
- WAKIMURA Kohei(Professor, Osaka City University)
Public lecture was held at ELGARA HALL by inviting Dr. Ramachandra GUHA, a laureate of the academic Prize.
Public Lecture by Minh Hanh
- Creativity in Asia discovered through fashion: Attractive features of Vietnamese fashion and culture formed and expressed by Minh Hanh
- Sunday, September 20, 2015 (14:00-16:30)
- Event Hall B2F, ACROS Fukuoka
- KAWACHI Hiroko(Professor Emeritus, Koran Women's Junior College)
- NITTA Eiji(Professor Emeritus,Kagoshima University)
- FUJIHARA Keiyo(Professor, Kyushu University)
Public lecture was held at Event Hall B2F, ACROS Fukuoka by inviting Ms. Minh Hanh, a laureate of the Arts and Culture Prize.