Event Schedule 2019
The Fukuoka Prize 2019 Award ceremony
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 (18:30-20:00)
- Main Hall, Fukuoka International Congress Center 3F
The 30th Fukuoka Prize award ceremony will be held at Fukuoka International Congress Center on 10 September 2019. Admission is free. We hope you will join us there.Please check the notes before applying.
Public Lecture by Randolf DAVID
- Philippine Society: Searching for Social Development with People in the Leading Role
- Friday, September 13, 2019 (18:30-20:30)
- Science Hall,Fukuoka City Science Museum 6F
- Professor FUJIWARA Kiichi (Director of Institute for future initiatives, The University of Tokyo, Professor in The University of Tokyo, Faculty of Law, Graduate School for Law and Politics)
- Dr. SHIMIZU Hiromu (Specially Appointed Professor, Kansai University, Professor Emeritus, Kyoto University)
Professor. Randolf David, the founder of the Third World Studies Center where he conducted the researches on the problems and measures of emerging sovereign states faced, will provide a talk with Professor FUJIWARA Kiichi (Director of Institute for future initiatives, The University of Tokyo, Professor in The University of Tokyo, Faculty of Law, Graduate School for Law and Politics) on the Philippine Society with a focus on the People Power Revolution.
Public Lecture by Leonard BLUSSÉ
- Three Bold Entrepreneurs and Their Heritage
- Friday, September 13, 2019(15:00-17:00)
- Science Hall, Fukuoka City Science Museum 6F
- Associate Professor MATSUKATA Fuyuko（Associate Professor of Historiographical Institute The University of Tokyo）
- Professor OTA Atsushi（Professor of Keio University）
Prof. Leonard Blussé has created a new academic field of “the maritime history of early modern East/Southeast Asia” with the global point of view. In this discussion he will talk about the situation and relationship in the Southeast Asian regions through the historical heritage and the activities of three Merchant Adventurers ( Suminokura, Coen and Iquan) who played an active role in this maritime region in the beginning of the 17th century.
Public Lecture by SATO Makoto
- Asia, Stage, and People – Organizing < the Encounters >
- Thursday, September 12, 2019 (19:00-21:00)
- Event Hall, ACROS Fukuoka B2F
The stage director and playwright Mr. Sato Makoto has created a large number of outstanding theatrical productions which combine a contemporary ambience with traditional aesthetic sensibility. In his Public Lecture, a young critic and Mr. Sato will look back his works and achievements with some visual materials. Moreover, they will debate the ways of international relationship with Asian regions.